Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class E 52 express locomotive. 2-B-B-2 wheel arrangement, built starting in 1924. Used for heavy passenger trains. Version from Era III.
|Gauge / Design type||Trix H0 /|
Model: The locomotive has a die-cast metal frame. It has a digital connector. 2 axles powered. 2 traction tires. The triple headlights front and rear change with the direction of travel. They will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally, when the locomotive is retrofitted with a decoder. The locomotive has NEM coupler pockets.
Length over the buffers 198 mm / 7-13/16".
The abundance of water power from the mountains enabled the development and operation of electric locomotives very early on in Bavaria. The highpoint of this development was without a doubt the EP 5, later designated as the E 52. Designed for heavy passenger service on steep grades, these locomotives had four traction motors and a continuous power rating of 1,660 kilowatts or 2,226 hp at a maximum speed of 90 km/h or 56 mph. A total of 35 units of the 140 metric ton EP 5 were built. They were delivered in 1924 in the brown paint scheme of the Bavarian Group Administration but were soon repainted in the gray German State Railroad paint scheme. The DB acquired 29 units and they were initially painted in "bottle" green. Only part of the 22 units that reached Era IV were painted in "chrome oxide" green and all were spared the ocean blue paint scheme.