The T 12.
The class T 12 was built in large quantities starting in 1905 for the Royal Prussian State Railways. A total of 1,014 locomotives of this type left the builders and their first area of use was primarily the Berlin City, Ring and Suburban Railroad lines. After extensive electrification of these lines between 1924 and 1929, the locomotives were transferred to other services that ranged from passenger trains and light freight trains to switching work. The T 12, later designated by the German State Railroad Company as the class 74.4-13, reached a maximum speed of 80 km/h / 50 mph and was a general-purpose locomotive that performed well in both directions.
The losses in both world wars and replacement by newer classes steadily reduced the ranks of the T 12 until it finally disappeared in 1968 from the operation plans for both German state railroads. Three locomotives of this proven class have been preserved for future generations, among them road no. 74 1234, which remained in Poland as the class OKi2.