Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class VT 92.5 four-axle diesel powered rail car. Buffer cladding included. Based in Nürnberg. In limited stop fast train service on the routes Nürnberg-Amberg and Nürnberg-Furth im Wald as an experimental combustion engine rail car among other things. Crimson basic paint scheme. Powered rail car road number VT 92 501. The car looks as it did around 1957 to 1959.
|Gauge / Design type||Trix H0 /|
|Kind||Powered Rail Cars|
Model: The unit has a digital decoder and extensive sound and light functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel. Two axles in the motor truck are powered using a cardan shaft. Traction tires. Dual headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The headlights and marker lights front and rear can be controlled separately in digital operation. Cab lighting front and rear can also be controlled separately in digital operation. In addition, baggage area lighting, corridor lighting, restroom lighting, sleeping compartment lighting, and locker room lighting can be controlled separately in digital operation. Maintenance-free, warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. A working ventilation propeller fan is included. The ventilation propeller fan mechanism can be controlled separately in digital operation. Current-conducting close couplers are included at both ends. Interior lighting for passenger cars from the 23507 limited stop fast train car set coupled to this unit can be controlled separately in digital operation using the current-conducting close coupler on the powered rail car. End skirting is included and can be installed for a version of the powered rail car without plugged in close couplers. The powered rail car has detailed buffer beams. Brake hoses, imitation prototype couplers, and heating lines, which can be installed on the unit, are included. In addition, the buffer cladding installed on this unit, which is necessary for reliable operation with cars coupled to it, can be swapped with buffer cladding of prototypical height.
Length over the buffers 25.1 cm / 9-7/8".
A limited stop fast train passenger car set to go with this unit is also being produced under item number 23507 in a one-time series only for Trix Club members.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 39692 exclusively for Insider members.
The class VT 92.5 diesel-powered rail car is being produced in 2021 in a one-time series only for Trix Club members.
In the first years after World War II, the development of promising designs, chiefly in the diesel sector, formed an urgent task for the newly established German Federal Railroad. The DB therefore decided to use the DRG VT 872 and 874 powered rail cars, which were no longer operational, as test vehicles. These heavy, four-axle, diesel-electric units were purchased in 1932 for shuttle service between Frankfurt and Wiesbaden. They marked the end of powered rail cars derived from heavy, riveted passenger cars, but the application of the 410 horsepower Maybach motor for the first time was in turn the beginning of diesel-powered rail cars in main line use. This motor in an improved form was subsequently one of the mostly widely used on the DRG in express as well as regional powered rail cars. In 1949, MAN was therefore given a contract to convert the two powered rail cars for new propulsion equipment. New road numbers were provided, VT 92 501 (former VT 872) and VT 92 502 (former VT 874). Actually, only road number VT 872 was converted. Its old motor was removed and replaced by the new standard design mechanical equipment from MAN, Maybach, or Daimler-Benz. The electrical drive was abandoned and replaced by hydraulic drives from Maybach or Voith. The interior was not the only thing that was transformed. An external metamorphosis was also done. The unit was given a totally new superstructure with a streamlined shape ("Egghead") and it thereby became the prototype for all powered railcars of the first new construction program for the DB (ET 30/56, ETA 176, VT 08/12). In addition, road number VT 92 501 also made an important contribution to the development of the V 200 large diesel locomotive. The first paint scheme for road number VT 92 501 had an orange/brown window band and beneath it a reddish brown paint job, which resulted in the nickname "Potato Beetle". After completion of the experiments, road number VT 92 501 was given a standard crimson paint scheme. Starting in 1956, it was based at Nürnberg Main Station and ran as a "locomotive" pulling limited stop fast trains and passenger trains to Amberg, Bayreuth, and Furth im Wald, since a passenger area was no longer present in it. In the early Sixties, it was assigned to the Nürnberg maintenance facility as a towing unit to transfer damaged diesel-powered units as well as trailer cars and cab control cars or units due for regular maintenance. In 1978, the maintenance deadlines came due for this powered rail car designated as road number 692 501 since 1968. Since there was no compelling reason to maintain it anymore, this powered rail car was retired on December 21, 1978.
|Diesel locomotive op. sounds|
|Rear Headlights off|
|Engineer’s cab lighting|
|Front Headlights off|
|Engineer’s cab lighting|
|Sound of squealing brakes off|
|Letting off Air|
|Light Function 2|
|Light Function 3|
|Toilet being flushed|
|Buffer to buffer|
|Sound of Couplers Engaging|
|"Switcher Double ""A"" Light"|