The Minitrix model railroader and anyone interested in Minitrix will find everything they need to know about Minitrix in this guide:
• Basic concepts for beginners, wiring, setting up track, locomotive maintenance.
• Overview of the track program and track geometry.
• Layout suggestions with track plans in color, some also with a perspective drawing. All of the plans include wiring diagrams for conventional operation. Different power circuits. Parts lists for track, turnout mechanisms and Trix accessories.
Special requirements and types of layouts are also dealt with in this book: Compact beginner layouts. Layouts along walls. How do I integrate a layout into a small residence? Several examples.
Layouts based on themes such as seasons of the year, industry, harbors, large cities, railroad maintenance facilities, stub end terminal, branch lines, etc.
Representation of different types of stations, through station, junction station, etc.
• Modular layouts: principle, standards, suggestions.
• Explanation of railroad eras.
• Train compositions for different eras.
• The most important locomotive classes in the Minitrix assortment and their prototype in real life.
• Bench work for layouts: from plywood to open framework.
• Scenery methods: Styrofoam, screen wire, plaster, etc. Ballasting the track.
Spare parts for our articles can be found here in our spare parts search.